4.02.2010

a collection of names

one of my favorite things to collect are names. there are currently several people i know and blogs i read where babies have recently or about to be had. all the name ideas and brainstorming gets me all enamored with name sites and name meaning sites. this post in particular reminded me i needed to add to my ever growing list. I collected a few new names from it.
We have no plans on having children but i have quite a list of lovely names going. i may have to change my name every so often so they don't go to waste. :) or try my best to encourage these names. because i think the world could use a few more tallulah's, pearl's, and cora's in the world.

tallulah
olive
opal
pearl
rose
clementine
esmé
beulah
cora
beatrice (bertie)
mathilda
juniper (june)
clover
sylvie
sofie
edie
birdie mae
poppy
oona
mildred
agnes
mabel
winifred

Oh! I found a few others, i think I'll just keep adding:
Anouk
Luna

7 comments:

  1. You have two of my daughters' names on the list. Neat-0.

    I love all of your names...especially rose and olive (aforementioned daughters' names) and june, poppy and clementine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list! You have good taste in names.
    Olive - my great aunt
    Rose - wife's mother
    Cora - my great grandmother
    Mathilda - wife's great grandmother
    Sofie - wife's grandmother
    Agnes - my great aunt
    Mabel - my great aunt

    I like your list of names. Other's I might add, (that also have personal significance)
    Josie
    Suzanna
    Miriam

    David D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great list!
    i also keep an ongoing list of girl (& boy) names i love (a few in common with yours too!) even though we don't plan to have kids either :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:44 PM

    what is in a name? beauty & confidence, faith and hope.

    Atari Swan
    Olivier Jean
    Henri William Swade
    Caley Hannah Snow
    Tyler Audrey Jayne
    Alenne Magnolia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Trina, you have one of my faves on there! We have sweet Ruby (our one rose after 3 crazy boys!), and we want to adopt more kiddos. My next two girl names are Jubilee and Pearl. ;) I love names, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:10 AM

    I love your names!! I was really lobbying for a Clementine, Pearl or Poppy for my next girl, but my husband went for Ruby, so if and when we have another girl, Ruby Matylda (the middle name after my husband's grandmother)she will be. I also have an Ella Sunshine, Jack Wisdom, and my youngest son, Ari Truth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. anonymous: i love those names! jack is such a great boys name! I'm also fond of walter and henry and any other name generally thought of as belonging to an old man.

    serious: so glad you have at least one female to help balance things out for you. :)

    other anonymous: olivier and olivia are two more i really like

    suzanne: well if things change and you end up in Portland we'll have to have a no baby club where we can get together and spoil our nieces and nephews. :)

    david: your parents had great taste (my husband is a david as well)

    erin: the more i see the names poppy and clementine the more i love them

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails