9.08.2009

settling in

From Our new place

Whew! 2 months later and we're finally settling in here at our new place. I just love it! This has been such a good change for us. The apartment is nicer, cleaner, brighter, kept up better, quieter...


From Our new place

From Our new place

Teagan adjusted quite nicely and quickly, piccoli.... not so much. She took to hiding under the bed in the still-full-of-things-to-unpack room, tried to jump on high up things (when she's never been a good jumper or been interested in being up high ever). Several things crashed because of this new fixation.

From Oh da kitties (and da fishy)
teagan's favorite new place to sit.

From Oh da kitties (and da fishy)

From Oh da kitties (and da fishy)
and yes, she is all sorts of awkward in this shot. click the picture though to more pictures of this lovely little photo shoot. :)

But she seems to be settled now and so much more pleasant too. She's been quite civil and almost sweet to new people. She even sat on my sisters lap. She used to hate my sister. She would sit on the bottom step of the stairs at the last place so Carmen couldn't go on them. :) It was pretty funny.

From Fall farmers market

The fall has come and the days are cold and am bundled and it feels comforting. Our new place is warm near the heater and cold in the other rooms and this too is comforting somehow. We've been baking more and biscuits are becoming part of our weekend rituals.

From Experiencing Food In Portland

From Our new place

As has weekend farmers markets. And Bike rides.

From Fall farmers market

From Fall farmers market

From Fall farmers market
From somebody's little weasel

And hanging things on the walls. We've been notoriously bad about hanging up art and pictures we own in the past. I think we had bare walls in our last place for a couple years.

From Our new place

The fall has not been as peaceful and restful as I had hoped and there's been some heart ache but it's still feeling like the new start we've been in desperate need for and I still feel a slow brightening in my soul.

From Fall farmers market

I've been learning to knit and have far too many projects brewing in my brain for the house and the upcoming craft fair I'll be selling at.

From Our new place

From Little Created Thingies I Created

I've missed the mental dumping ground this blog has been for me in the past so I'm going to make an effort to start posting again. I also want to make another list and update my old one. The thought of all that makes me excited to create and make progress. It feels good. a few months ago it just made me worried, anxious, overwhelmed and nervous.

This is a good start i think.


From Oh da kitties (and da fishy)

2 comments:

  1. welcome back! your new home looks lovely, warm and cozy... and your kitties are adorable!
    your fall market pics looks gorgeous and make me want to visit portland even more now, especially during this season. we just had our first snowfall here yesterday morning, but it's all melted away now - i have to say i'm a little disappointed - as much as i love fall, the first few days of snow always seems so magical.
    i have also been crafting like crazy but decided not to do any craft shows this year, i'm just going to focus on my etsy shop, and my own little "open apartment" show/sale i have every year in december.

    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, you are getting settled in quickly! Thanks for the note over on my blog. I may be interested in that rental company if we can't find a place to buy. The details in your place look great - the hardwood floors, the glass panes in the door... just what we like. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails