8.18.2008

Getting back into the swing of things

I am having a hard time getting back into "normal" life since we got back from Tokyo 20 days ago. Life is just hectic and jumbled and changing... i am also still dealing with grieving my grandma i think. I have never lost anyone close to me and this sort of emotional experience is new. It happened so soon before our trip to Tokyo that i didn't really process it much. Then while we were there i was removed from normal life and still didn't have/get to think about it so now on top of everything else in life now i am learning how to think and feel about final and personal loss...hence the absence and sporadic-ness on here.

Sunday was Dave's birthday and we pretty much just hung around the house, re-arranging and making things feel more livable and less cluttered. We took a small bike ride to Pix Patisserie to get a few macaroons. It was still hot and muggy out but there is a nice grey clouded sky and that makes us feel calmer. Oh how we both are longing for fall.


For Dave's special birthday dinner we made roasted cherry tomatoes and zucchini (both from our own garden!), mashed/pureed potatoes and parsnips, and sauteed spinach topped with pancetta and scallops. Recipes and pictures here . Next week when we get paid we're going to go get him his long desired safety razor and a stand for it and his nice vintage badger brush. :)


Theresa and i have been plotting and planning our next craft fair and i'm really excited. Banners and new items and new packaging things are all spinning around in my head. I'll share more as we know more. :) I'll post it on Doormouse too. Oh fall can't come soon enough!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Trina! I'm so sorry about your grandmother. I've nothing wise to offer, just condolences. And yes, yes, yes, adjusting to real life after a big trip abroad, can be exhausting, and hard. I always say I need a vacation after my vacation. Warm thoughts, Katie =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Trina,
    Just wanted to say I'm thinking of you lately and would love to visit, once you've adjust to life and sleep or lack thereof.
    Love ya
    Tiana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmm yummm yummmmmy!! oh, your beau's birthday, must say Happy Birthday!! I am such a bad bloggy buddy,eeeek!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!! I'm quite hungry now!! YUMMMMMM! : ) And....to your postling above....yes, indeed....everything sounds better in French!! :)

    Thanks so much for your sweet comment over at my wee bloglette!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my. your crustless quiches look AMAZING!
    xox,
    Linnea

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails