1.10.2008

a little whirlwind

I love my job. It's so nice to be able to say that. I haven't for quite some time. On thursday's and friday's i work half days so i'll have some dedicated time for working on Doormouse things. Poor Doormouse, i have neglected you for far too long. On my way home today i stopped by New Seasons and did a small bit of grocery shopping and got myself some lovely roasted brussel sprouts for lunch.

The rain was really heavy when i got out of the store and drove home feeling quite happy. I love heavy rain and dark dark skies in the middle of the day. It makes my heart leap and i smile so big. Then the rain slowed and stopped and the clouds in the sky became sort of silver and lovely and reminded me of spring. When i got home i plopped down on our over stuffed green couch with my brussel sprouts and Teagan joined me and talked me into giving him a small taste, which he loved. I turned on the news and found that most of the stations are covering the tornado we had in the area today. Weird! So very rare for this area of the country and this time of year. So i watched the news for a while and snuggled Teagan and then Piccoli. Then I half listened to the strange fight the neighbors were having right outside my front window and watched this little bit of lovely.

I'm feeling quite comfy and cozy and ready to be creative. Maybe i'll finally get those bathroom towels done or a new little creature made. We'll see. I think at the very least, a Trader Joe's truffle or two will be called for and possible a pot of PG Tips.

Mmmmm.

6 comments:

  1. I would love to come home and sit on the couch with you, make a big pot of tea, and just be quiet and still. That sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youre making me jealous. I wish I had a half day today beause I could so use some time to relax :) Trader Joe's truffles are my fav! Yummmy..
    Oh and I am getting annoyed with all the tornado coverage. Its everywhere and now the news channels are freaking out with Storm Watch 2008.. dun dun dun.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, love Wallace!
    Sandra Evertson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sounds like perfection. Oh yes, weird tornado's, freaky!! Yuuminnesssss on the couch is the best ever! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm, yumminess on the couch... intriguing :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh you! you would allude you boy you! :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails